Monday 20 October 2008

Jelly Bean Socks and fluffy purple hearts

OK so they're not strictly the colour of jelly beans, but they are a more strident version of the colours of the expensive jelly beans I buy sometimes and stick in a glass jar, just because I like the colours of them! These are for littlies, not grown ups, and are cheating socks.

It sounds 'cool' as one friend said, to say you knit socks. Possibly less cool to admit to doing it on two needles only, cheating possible, both little ones and big 'uns for grown ups, like my fluffy lilac bedsocks on the previous blog. I haven't ventured into the world of dpns yet. I know I must, and to force the issue, bought myself some expensive multi-coloured sock yarn. So there it sits, in a basket, looking beautiful and soft and inviting me to use it....one day.

Apart from the jelly bean socks, I also knit coloured pencil socks, where the main body of the sock is a sort of beige colour, to represent the newly-sharpened pencil, and the heels and toes are in colouring box colours of yellow, lime green, pink and blue.

The fluffy purple heart is just a bit of a comfort thing, nice and squashy to hug when one feels in the need of a non-reciprocated hug. Nowhere near as good as the real thing, when it comes to hugs of course, but sometimes any port in a storm will do.

All these, and more comforts, I am knitting to have a stall sometime next year, possibly autumn might be the best time, since I love knitting comforting things, and autumn is a time for such.

3 comments:

snailbeachshepherdess said...

I was so dissillusioned after knitting for my grandson to find my creations were not worn - hand knitted is not ccol on a baby who has the Next tag on most of his clothes that I have stoped completely but just fancy a go at some jelly bean socks.
Have sent you a pm on an unrelated thingy wotsit

Cait O'Connor said...

Those socks are gorgeous!

Lesley said...

Go on — don't believe the myths about dpns. They are so easy. You just knit round and round.
I love your little socks!